Sportivate forms part of Places People Play, the £135 million mass participation legacy plans unveiled by the Government in November 2010.
OPEN TO ALL APPLICATION ROUND
The next open round is most likely to open in November 2014 for the delivery period of April 2015-March 2016. Please keep an eye on this page for updates as and when the come in, or our twitter page @LondonSportCSP.
If you would like any more specific information, please get in touch with the London Sport contact most relevant to the borough of your planned delivery, by looking in the contacts list at the bottom of this page.
Following on from the success of the "Women and Girls" AND "19-25" themed rounds, we are pleased to announce that our second, and final, 'Open Application Round' for 2014 is now open. In this round we will be accepting bids from all parties who wish to target their activities at participants aged 11 - 25.
Please take note that, as always, priority will be given to projects who aim their delivery at our harder to reach populations, such as 19-25 year olds, women and girls, BaME and disabled participant to name a few. As you can understand from this it is imperative that you make a strong case for why your project needs funding via the application form.
The Deadline for all applications was
Midnight Sunday 17th August 2014.
- Open to all projects targeting 11-25 year olds.
- Applicants must provide match funding to the project (either in-kind or cash).
- Projects must be delivered during the period 1st October 2014 to 31st March 2015.
- Projects must deliver between 6 – 8 weekly sessions
- The deadline for completion and submission of the Monitoring and Evaluation data via the online portal is MIDNIGHT Wednesday 8th April 2015.
- Prioritisiation will be given to projects targeting 'Under-Represented Groups' BME, Disability, Women and Girls, 'Non-Traditional' Groups, NEETS (Not in Education, Employment and Training).
- Applications to be submitted to your regional lead (please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
- All appropriate boxes on the application form MUST be complete. Incomplete applications will not be
WHAT IS SPORTIVATE?
Sportivate is a £56 million Lottery funded London 2012 legacy project that gives more young people the chance to discover a sport that they love.
The programme gives 11-25 year-olds who are not particularly sporty access to six-to-eight weeks' of free or subsidised coaching in a range of sports. There’s a wide range of activities on offer including judo, golf, tennis, dodgeball, athletics, and parkour/free running.
During the six-to-eight weeks those taking part can work towards an event or personal challenge and when the free or low-cost coaching has finished they will be supported to continue playing sport.
Sportivate launched in June 2011 as a four-year programme aimed at 14-25 year-olds but, due to its success, additional funding of £10m per year has been invested allowing the programme to run until March 2017 as well as extending its age group so that 11-13 year-olds can also take part.
Sportivate is inclusive and targets a variety of young people including those who have a disability and people from black and minority ethnic groups.
Interested in getting involved in London?
If you want to informally discuss an idea for a Sportivate project please contact your regional contact (details below).
The New Sportivate Application Form is available to download at the top of this page. if you have any queries about the form or need some 'pointers' please do not hesitate to contact your London Sport lead (contact details below).
DEADLINE & KEY DATES:
Application Form Deadline: Midnight Sunday 17th August 2014.
- Internal London Sport Consultation Period: 18th August - 24th August 2014
- Initial Critical feedback to applicants: 25th August - 7th September 2014
- Final Decisions (no later than): 17th September 2014
- Delivery to start no earlier than: 1st October 2014
- Delivery to be completed by: 31st March 2015 (Non-Negotiable)
Where are you delivering and who is your Regional Lead?
Please send your application to the relevant below contact :