Sportivate forms part of Places People Play, the £135 million mass participation legacy plans unveiled by the Government in November 2010.
FEMALE FUNDING ROUND NOW OPEN
We are pleased to announce that the Sportivate Funding Round targeting Female participants is NOW OPEN. Deadline for applications is Midnight: Wednesday 30th April 2014.
- Open to all projects targeting FEMALE participants
- MAXIMUM Funding per project = £3,000
- Applicants must provide match funding of at least 10% of Total Project Costs (either in-kind or cash)
- Projects must be delivered during the period 1st June 2014 to 31st December 2014
- Projects must deliver between 6 – 8 weekly sessions
- Participants must be aged between 11 and 25
- Successful applicants will receive additional support from the Women’s Sport & Fitness Foundation – please see below
- The deadline for completion and submission of the Application Form is MIDNIGHT: 30th April 2014.
- Applications to be submitted to your local London Sport Sportivate lead (contacts at bottom of page).
WOMEN’S SPORT & FITNESS FOUNDATION
Founded in 1984, the Women’s Sport and Fitness Foundation (WSFF) is the UK’s leading charity championing gender equality in sport. Working in partnership with London Sport, we want to ensure that more women and girls are given the appropriate opportunities to take part in sport and physical activity.
For those applicants that are successful we will be delivering a bespoke workshop and before writing your Sportivate application we would recommend that you use the resources available through the document “WSFF Sportivate FFR Support” in the related documents section to add depth and relevance to your bid.
WHAT IS SPORTIVATE?
Sportivate is a £56 million Lottery funded London 2012 legacy project that gives more young people the chance to discover a sport that they love.
The programme gives 11-25 year-olds who are not particularly sporty access to six-to-eight weeks' of free or subsidised coaching in a range of sports. There’s a wide range of activities on offer including judo, golf, tennis, dodgeball, athletics, and parkour/free running.
During the six-to-eight weeks those taking part can work towards an event or personal challenge and when the free or low-cost coaching has finished they will be supported to continue playing sport.
Sportivate launched in June 2011 as a four-year programme aimed at 14-25 year-olds but, due to its success, additional funding of £10m per year has been invested allowing the programme to run until March 2017 as well as extending its age group so that 11-13 year-olds can also take part.
Sportivate is inclusive and targets a variety of young people including those who have a disability and people from black and minority ethnic groups.
Interested in getting involved in East London?
If you want to informally discuss an idea for a Sportivate project please contact your local London Sport Sportivate lead (contacts at bottom of page). The New Sportivate Application Form is available to download at the right of this page. (See Related Documents section)
Any activity within Sportivate must meet the following criteria:
- 6-8 weeks of coaching must be delivered
- There must be an identified need for the project
- There must be a confirmed exit route for the project with capacity for increased numbers of participants
- Sportivate funding will not 100% fund any activity
- Funding is dependent on completion of Monitoring and Evaluation Data
DEADLINE & KEY DATES:
Application Form Deadline: Midnight 30th April 2014.
- Consultation Period: 1st May 2014 – 16th May 2014
- Confirmation of Funding: 20th May 2014
- WSFF Workshop 1: w/b 26th May 2014 – Date & Venue TBC
- WSFF Workshop 2: w/b 2nd June 2014 – Date & Venue TBC
- Commences from: 1st June 2014
- Delivery Completed by: 31st December 2014