Administration Officer in London
- Title: Administration Officer in London
- Type: Support Staff
- Employer: Try Tag Rugby
- Salary: Negotiable and dependant on skills and experience
We are looking for a full-time Administration Officer to be based in London for summer 2012 to work on a self employment contract. Reporting directly to the Managing Director with input from the CEO, this position requires a self motivated, innovative person with strong customer focus, a love for Rugby (all codes) and strong administration skills with the ability to pick up and master business administration computer systems.
You will be dealing with the player registration process from start to finish, assist with the one day festival administration as well as providing assistance to the Competition Manager and the Competition Supervisors with administration duties. The role will require you to work 35 hours per week (we can be flexible on the times). You may be required to fill in as a referee on occasions and be available for one day weekend tournaments. You will also be required to fill in as a competition supervisor on occasions.
The role begins in mid March and continues through until Friday the 7th of September. Depending on Autumn registration numbers, this contract may be extended for a further 2 months if targets are met and could possibly lead to permanent employment. This role would suit Rugby enthusiasts and working holiday makers.
Responsibilities of the Administration Officer
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Deal with registrations from the initial email/phone enquiry to sending all the relevant information and payment procedures
- Gain a strong understanding of Try Tag Rugby sports competition management and business administration system
- Dealing with kit orders and payments
- Chasing outstanding registration fees
- Required for general office tasks such as answering phones, photocopying, sending invoices, filing etc…
- To keep up to date with all Try Tag Rugby incoming/outgoing mail
- To keep up to date with all Try Tag Rugby banking of petty cash etc…
- Required to fill in for Competition Supervisors if sick/unavailable and to cover for referees on occasions.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to use their initiative and work autonomously. You will have a friendly and fun personality, have excellent oral and written communication skills, be a sports enthusiast and have a strong back ground in office administration. You will also be hard working, extremely organised and have a minimum typing speed of 60 words per minute. A senior first aid certificate is desirable but not essential. You will need to have good knowledge of London, the sport of Tag Rugby and you will need to be a capable Tag Rugby referee (desirable but not essential).
Try Tag Rugby will be running competitions at venues in London and its surroundings. Try Tag Rugby will be looking to move into office premises in zone 2 in London.
You will work 35 per week, broken down as follows:
Monday to Friday: 7 hours
Weekends: Amount pending workload and festivals (maximum of 35 hours per week). If you are required to work weekends you will have the subsequent time taken off your weekday work schedule.
We can be flexible regarding working arrangements and this position has the flexibility to take Friday’s off on occasions to allow for travellers. The successful candidate will be required to work at occasional weekend festivals throughout the summer.
You must provide evidence you have legal working rights in the UK. People on working holiday visas are welcome to apply.
Applications close Thursday the 9th of February, 2012. Please forward a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 09.02.2012