Events Coach, London
- Title: Events Coach, London
- Type: Coach / Instructor / Activity Leader
- Employer: Panathlon Challenge
- Salary: £100 + Expenses (per event).
Panathlon Challenge is a charity that delivers sporting opportunities across London for children with learning disabilities aged 9-19 years. Panathlon are looking for a Head Official role to manage sports leaders and officials at their competition events across London between January to March 2012.
Panathlon are looking for a Head Official for 14 London Events in January to March 2012 taking place across London. All the events take place during the day on week days. You will be required to be at the venue from 9.00am to 2.30pm; the competition starts at 11am & finishes at 2.00pm.
The role of the head official will be to support the officials and sports leaders in the correct application of the rules at the events. This role will involve setting up the equipment, recapping the rules to the sports leaders – mini on-the-spot training sessions from 9am to 11am, then during the competition morning officiating the field athletics (wheelchair slalom, precision ‘target’ bean bag, seated shot put, standing long-jump, foam javelin) 11am to 1pm, then organising the sports leaders for the afternoon athletics races 1pm – 2pm. Other roles will include aiding with medal ceremonies, and generally enabling the event to run smoothly alongside 2 other Panathlon staff.
The competitors are from schools across all 32 London Boroughs. Many will be from SEN schools and have learning & physical disabilities.
• Level 2 sporting qualification or teacher qualification. NB. We have no preference in which sport(s) you have received the qualification(s) in.
• Experience with working with children with disabilities.
• Knowledge of disability sports. The particular Panathlon sports are: New Age Kurling, Table Cricket, Boccia, Polybat & Athletics. Training in these sports is available.
• An active CRB is essential; within 3 years of issue.
• Current First Aid and Safeguarding & Protecting Children attendance is essential; within 3 years of course.
The training will be a days training course on the “Panathlon Officials Course” in December 2011 at 10.00am to 3.00pm on a weekday, date TBC.
The dates & venues of the 14 London events are as follows:
Tuesday 17th Jan at Hillingdon S&L Complex, UB8 1ES
Thursday 19th Jan at Featherstone High School, UB2 5HF
Tuesday 24th Jan at Langdon School, E6 2PS
Monday 30th Jan at Robert Clack School, RM8 1JU
Wednesday 1st Feb at Southfields College, SW18 5JU
Thursday 2nd Feb at St. Pauls Academy, SE2 9PX
Wednesday 8th Feb at John Fisher School, CR8 3YP
Tuesday 21st Feb at Westway Sports Centre, W10 6RP
Wednesday 22nd Feb at Chessington Community College, KT9 2JS
Tuesday 6th March at Southbury Leisure Centre, EN1 1YP
Tuesday 13th March at Langdon School, E6 2PS
Thursday 15th March at Crystal Palace NSC, SE19 2BB
Wednesday 21st March at Westway Sports Centre, W10 6RP
Monday 26th March at Featherstone High School, UB2 5HF
Please note these events are across London, from Uxbridge to Romford & Croydon to Enfield.
This is a self-employed part-time role. Renumeration is £100 per event and we will pay travel expenses.
Closing Date: 31.12.2011