Sports Development Manager – Maternity Cover 1 year fixed term
- Title: Sports Development Manager – Maternity Cover 1 year fixed term
- Type: Managerial
- Employer: City of London Corporation
- Salary: £40,960 – 21 hours per week pro rata £24,575 inclusive.
CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE? We are seeking an experienced part time Sports Development Manager to lead the strategic approach of our Sports Development Team. This challenging and rewarding role is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, innovative and committed person to cover a maternity vacated position for one year. You will have overall responsibility for the development and implementation of the newly adopted City of London's Sports and physical activity Strategy as well as ensuring that targets in the sports development business plan are met. The post holder will be an active member of the project board which will manage the redevelopment of the City's only public leisure facility. The project board will be actively involved in all aspects of the redevelopment including the final design, build, consultation and facility and programme planning. You will actively seek and apply for new sources of funding and sponsorship for sporting and leisure activities and act as the City of London's representative at appropriate events. You will be responsible for ensuring that sports development priorities are identified, and that programmes meet the needs identified in various City of London strategies. You will need managerial experience coupled with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition you will need a significant experience of sports development or equivalent managerial experience. For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Emma Snelling on 020 7332 1646. Closing date: Friday 8 January 2010 Interviews will be held on Friday 15 January 2010 This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as part of the selection process the successful applicant will be required to obtain a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure. The City of London Corporation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The City of London Corporation is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
1. To lead the Sports Development Team in the strategic, developmental and operational issues as they affect the team.
2. In particular working in partnership with the City of London Sports and Physical Activity Network (COLSPAN) develop and implement the action plan of the newly developed City of London’s sport and physical activity strategy and the sports development business plan to ensure the needs of the community, residents and workers are met.
3. To be the lead officer for specific projects as required such as the City’s preparation for the London 2012 Olympics and other Government led initiatives an example of which would be the Free Swimming Initiative.
4. Line manage the Golden Lane Leisure Centre’s facility supervisor and support in the management of the facility, ensuring health and safety, budgetary control and income and user analysis is carried out effectively in accordance to the business plan.
5. To be an active member of the project board on the redevelopment of the Golden Lane Leisure Centre which will include the design, build, consultation and project implementation. Ensure all lead members and relevant bodies are kept informed of progress.
6. To ensure that effective communication and consultation processes with service users and potential users are in place.
7. To develop and maintain a performance management culture for the team and function including target setting, monitoring, reporting performance, and effective preparation for inspections and statutory returns.
8. To prepare and present accurate, timely reports for Committees, government departments and others as necessary.
9. To manage any staff and non-staff budgets to ensure that development, project and improvement activities are delivered within or on budget.
10. To keep abreast of legislation, new initiatives, general matters in areas associated with sports and leisure in order to inform the development of sports provision in the City.
11. To actively seek and apply for new sources of funding, both internally and externally for sporting and leisure events and prepare evaluation reports/business cases, as appropriate. In particular seek sponsorship for events organised by the section.
12. To represent the Department on internal and external working groups as required.
13. To actively seek to implement the Corporation’s Equal Opportunity Policy and the Corporation’s objective to promote equality of opportunity in relation to the duties of the post.
Special Instructions: For the job description and personal specification please contact the Corporate Recruitment Unit.
If you would like to discuss this position please contact Carolyn Piper on 020 7332 3392 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 08.01.2010
Contact: The Corporate Recruitment Unit on 020 7332 3978 (24hr answerphone) quoting reference CCS122. A minicom service for the hearing impaired is available on 020 7332 3732.