Adapted Sports Course 26th April 2012, Newham Leisure Centre
The aim of the course is to provide individuals with the practical experience in a wide range of sports specifically designed for people with disabilities. It is suitable for sports leaders, community workers and teachers who want to develop sports sessions for people with disabilities, whether in school, after- school clubs or community spots sessions.
What the course delivers:
- Gain practical, hands-on experience of Boaccia, Polybat, Table Cricket, New Age Kurling and Goalball.
- Understand the basic concepts of each game and its applicability to each impairment group: HI, VI, PI & LD.
- Gain understanding of basic game tactics and possible coaching scenarios when coaching disabled people.
- Introduce variation games for creativity and fun sessions
- To equipm delegates with the knowledge and confidence to include these sports in their multi sports sessions.
- Familiarisation with all games equipment and its uses.
Type: Leadership Awards
Venue: Newham Leisure Centre, 281 Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, London E13 8SD
Date: 26/04/2012 - 26/04/2012
Time: 9:00- 15:00
Cost: £63.75 pp including 25% DISCOUNT through the Mayors Legacy Fund
Booking Requesting Closing Date: 24/04/2012
Contact Name: Timea Pencz
Contact Organisation: Disability Sports Coach Ltd
Contact Tel: 07772 677 259
Contact Email: Timea@disabilitysportscoach.co.uk
For more information or to book a place please email Timea@disabilitysportscoach.co.uk or call Timea on 07772 677 259.