Adapted Sports Course 25th April 2012, Brunel University
The course aim is to provide individuals with the practical experience in a wide range of sports specifically designed for people with disabilities. It is suitable for sports leaders, community workers and teachers who want to develop sports session for people with disabilities, whether in school, after-school clubs or community sports sessions.
What the course delivers...
- Gain practical, hands- on experience of Boccia, Polybat, Table Criket, New Age Kurling and Goalball.
- Understand the basic concepts of each game and its applicability to each impairment group: PI, HI, VI & LD.
- Gain understanding of basic game tactics and possible coaching scenarios when coaching disabled people
- Introduce variation games for creativity and fun sessions
- To equip delegates with the knowledge and confidence to include these sports in their multi sports sessions.
- Familiarisation with all the games equipment and its uses.
Type: NGB Accredited
Venue: Brunel University, Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH
Date: 25/04/2012 - 25/04/2012
Cost: £63.75 pp Including 25% DISCOUNT through the Mayors Legacy Fund
Booking Requesting Closing Date: 24/04/2012
Contact Name: Timea Pencz
Contact Organisation: Disability Sports Coach Ltd
Contact Tel: 07772 677 259
Contact Email: Timea@disabilitysportscoach.co.uk
For more information or to book a place please email Timea@disabilitysportscoach.co.uk or call Timea on 07772 677 259.